At Steadily, accessible from https://steadily.com, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors. This document contains types of information that is collected and recorded by Steadily and how we use it. If you have additional questions or require more information about our policies, do not hesitate to contact us.
This policy applies only to our online activities and is valid for visitors to our website with regards to the information that they shared and/or collect in Steadily. This policy is not applicable to any information collected offline or via channels other than this website.
Use of Credit Information
In connection with this application for insurance, we may review your credit report or obtain or use a credit based insurance score based on the information contained in that credit report. We may use a third party in connection with the development of your insurance score. If we do use a credit based score, you will have the right on an annual basis to request that we obtain a current credit report for you and determine whether use of the new credit report would result in a decrease in your insurance premiums. If the new credit report that we receive would result in a decrease in your insurance premiums, we will make that reduction. If the new credit information would not reduce your insurance premiums, the credit report will not be used to impact your premiums in any way.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Please visit our Licenses page for current licensing information.
Policy Underwriting: MSI
If applicable, this policy is underwritten by Spinnaker Insurance Company (1 Pluckemin Way, Suite 102, Bedminster, NJ 07921, CA license #4394-3, domiciled in IL) or Century-National Insurance Company (PO Box 3999, North Hollywood, CA 91609, CA license #1509-9, and domiciled in CA) or Trisura Insurance Company (210 Park Ave, #1400, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, CA License #2061-0, and domiciled in OK). Each insurer is solely responsible for the claims on its policies. Steadily Insurance Agency, Inc. will be the agent of record (CA license # 6002990, TX license # 2568961) and is domiciled in Texas and has its principle place of business at 6301 Mountainclimb Drive, Austin, TX 78731. Steadily Insurance Agency, Inc. is a licensed insurance producer in all states. Insurance options may not be available in all states.
Steadily Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy. This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, including when you visit our website at www.steadily.com and any successor or affiliated website or subdomain thereof (collectively, our “Website”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to any information we collect through our Website, including any information you submit to us through web forms, e-mails or other electronic messages between you and our Website, and any information about you transferred to our Website from other websites or third parties. This Policy also applies to any information we collect about you when you e-mail, text or exchange other electronic messages with us or when you interact with messages you receive from us and any information we collect about you offline but that will be processed by automated means using our Website or other services. This Policy does not apply to any other information we collect by any other means.
2. Collection of Personal Information
Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which such individuals may be personally identified or information about such individuals that is maintained in a personally identifiable form (collectively, “Personal Information”). Specifically, we may collect:
- Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, IP address or mobile device ID, account name, and phone number.
- Information regarding the property you seek to insure and the owner of such property.
- Payment information, such as credit card or debit card information, security codes, zip codes (for verification purposes) and other financial information used to process transactions related to products or services obtained through our Website.
- Geolocation data for purposes of confirming your address information.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain traffic data, usage information, and technical information (collectively, “Technical Information”) about your device, such as your device’s operating system and browser type, file information, time-stamped logs regarding access times and duration of visits, and the pages of our Website that you visit. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies that are stored on your browser or device, small embedded electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) and other types of embedded code. We collect Technical Information to manage our content and to improve users’ use of our Website; to count and review the number of visitors to our Website and their usage patterns; to track key performance indicators such as pages accessed, frequency of access and other statistical information related to our Website (for example, verifying system and server integrity); to recognize if a visitor is a return visitor to our Website; to store information about a user’s visits; and to remember a user’s preferences. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts or pages of our Website, or certain parts or features of our Website may not function properly. To learn more about cookies and how to disallow or manage them, go to: www.allaboutcookies.org/.
How We Collect Information
We primarily collect information, including Personal Information, directly from you when you create an account on our Website, request a quote or complete an application for insurance products, complete a transaction through our Website, register to receive marketing or informational materials from us, correspond with us via e-mail, text message, or telephone or through our Website or request additional services from us (such as customer support services). We also collect certain information automatically as you use our Website or interact with the e-mails and other electronic messages we send to you (see section above titled “Technical Information”).
In addition, we may obtain certain Personal Information from third parties if we are required to verify information (e.g., for legal or regulatory compliance purposes) or if we need additional information in order to execute transactions or perform services on your behalf. These third parties may include your financial institution and credit reporting agencies.
3. How We Use Your Information
If you do not wish to have your Personal Information used by us to contact you for marketing purposes, you can opt out by sending us an e-mail with your request to email@example.com or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” or similar link in the most recent e-mail you received from us and by following the prompts that appear. This opt-out does not apply to information provided as a result of an insurance product purchase, product service experience or other transactions (e.g., a purchase confirmation).
Tracking and “Do Not Track”
We do not currently collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes. In addition, we do not currently allow third parties to collect Personal Information through or using our Website that could be used by them to analyze and store information about your online activities over time and across third-party sites for tracking purposes. Therefore, our Website does not respond to any “do not track” signals sent by your computer, browser or mobile device, and if your computer, browser or mobile device sends a “do not track” signal to our Website, our Website will not treat you differently from users who do not send such signals.
SMS and Text Messages
If you have provided us with a mobile number, we may use it to send you information about your insurance including quotes, policies, and claims. Standard text messaging rates apply.
We use Google Analytics to track and analyze certain traffic and usage statistics regarding the use of our Website, such as the number of visitors to our Website, how visitors are navigating to our Website, visitors’ general geographic region information, how long individuals are visiting our Website, and information about the equipment individuals are using to access our Website (e.g., browser version and operating system). Google Analytics may use a Google Analytics cookie and may collect your IP address or mobile device ID as part of this service (but neither we nor Google Analytics otherwise collects or processes any of your Personal Information in connection with our use of the Google Analytics services). We use this traffic and usage information to gauge, internally, the effectiveness of our advertising efforts and to make improvements to our Website and our marketing and promotional efforts.
In addition, from time to time we may use one or more of the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Google Ads (an integrated service with Google Analytics)
By enabling these features, we permit Google to collect certain additional traffic and usage data using a Google Advertising cookie and other identifiers not tied to your Personal Information. This information includes demographic information about our Website visitors and general information about our visitors’ interests, but does not identify our visitors individually. In fact, we are prohibited by Google policy from using this information to try to identify individual users and from merging non-personally identifiable information obtained from Google with Personal Information we otherwise have about you without obtaining your separate consent. The purpose of these features is to segment our audience and to better target our advertising and marketing efforts.
For more information, please review the following:
- Information about Google’s use of information from sites or apps that use Google’s services: www.policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
You can opt out of our use of certain Google Analytics features by updating the “Ads Settings” in your browser (www.adssettings.google.com/authenticated) or mobile device (www.support.google.com/ads/answer/1660762#mob), by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page at www.optout.networkadvertising.org/, or by visiting Google’s currently available opt-outs over the web at www.tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information as described in this privacy statement below or as described at the time of collection:
- With your consent or at your direction. We will share your personal information when we have your consent or at your direction. For example, we will share your personal information to communicate insurance information to a lender or mortgagor
- To perform services. We may share your personal information with third parties in order to perform the services or provide the products you requested, such as to obtain your credit-based insurance score in connection with your application for our products and services.
- Companies involved in insurance transactions. We may share your personal information with third parties that play a role in an insurance transaction such as insurance companies; payment vendors; inspection companies; loss control companies, claims adjusters and other claims related companies, contractors, investigators, attorneys and other third parties who provide services relating to your claim; collection and subrogation companies; and other vendors and contractors involved in the insurance transaction. We may also share your personal information with participating insurance support organizations, reinsurance companies and regulators.
- Vendors. In the course of doing business, we employ other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide your personal information to providers that:
- Help complete transactions, assist with a claim or service your policy;
- Provide marketing and advertising, email or other communication services; • Engage in credit, insurance, or claims reporting;
- Provide payment processing or collection;
- Provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting and analytics;
- Provide tax, accounting, audit, legal and data enhancement services;
- Provide technology services and enhance security, privacy and fraud protections;
- Provide analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies; and
- Provide support to our operations.
These vendors and other third parties may have access to your personal information if it is needed to perform their functions for us.
- Promotions and Requested Services. We may share your personal information with third parties to provide you with a product offering or service offering, as permitted by law. These promotions may be made through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or by us.
- Consumer reporting agencies. We may share your personal information, including your claims history or payment history with us, with consumer reporting agencies. This information may be maintained by the consumer reporting agency and disclosed to others as permitted by law.
- Legal. We may share your personal information if required by law or by a regulatory authority such as a state insurance department or at the request of law enforcement or regulatory authorities. We may also disclose your personal information as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our operations, online services or other products, including, without limitation, any situations that may involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our online services.
5. Users Outside of the United States
Our Website is hosted in the United States and is provided from the United States. It is possible that certain information will be stored on servers in multiple other countries on the “cloud” or other similar distributed hosting platforms. If you are a resident of any country other than the United States, please note that by providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States and other jurisdictions and to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
6. California “Shine The Light” Disclosure
The California Civil Code permits California residents with whom we have an established business relationship to request that we provide a list of certain categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise contact us using the information set forth below. Please mention that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. Please note, however, that we do not currently disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
7. Nevada Residents
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that we do not currently sell any Personal Information to third parties within the meaning of such statute.
8. Third-Party Websites
We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information you provide to a third-party website or the information practices used by any third-party site, including links to any third-party site from our Website. We make no representations, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, privacy, safety, security, or information practices of any third-party site. The inclusion of a link to a third-party site on our Website does not constitute any type of endorsement of the linked site by us. We are not responsible for any loss or damage you may sustain resulting from your use of any third-party website or any information you share with a third-party website.
9. Individuals Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age, and no one under the age of 18 may provide any information to us or others on or using our Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years of age, do not use our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address or mobile device ID, or any username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from an individual under 18 years of age, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure, including device safeguards and secured files and buildings. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. When we have given you (or when you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have implemented security measures that we think are adequate, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or using our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
11. Reviewing and Updating Your Information
Keeping your policy and account information up-to-date is very important. You may review and/or update certain policy and account information by visiting your account page on our Website. You may review and update other policy and account information by contacting us as provided below.
We post any changes we make to our Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we collect and use Personal Information, we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page.
The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes.
13. Contact Information
To ask questions or to submit comments about this Policy and our privacy practices, you may contact us:
- Via E-mail: email@example.com
- Via Telephone: (888)-966-1611
- Via Postal Mail: 9450 SW Gemini Dr. PMB 18626, Beaverton, OR 97008; Attn: Legal Department
Get coverage in minutes
No hidden cancellation fees. Competitive rates nationwide.